Free-flowing, clean, and safe water is a necessity, irrespective of the type of property – residential or commercial. People, since time immemorial, have been experimenting with various materials to find a suitable one that secures proper water supply.
There was a time when metal pipes were used to carry water. However, metals, as we all know, are prone to rust, corrosion, and other elements of nature. So they didn’t make the ideal choice for plumbing applications. Soon after that, plastic pipes were invented and a type of plastic pipes that have revolutionized the face of the plumbing industry is UPVC. The leading manufacturers of PVC pipes and fixtures like Ori-Plast have come up with a wide range of UPVC pipes
for residential and commercial plumbing needs, owing to the advantages that these pipes bring along.
In this article, we will learn more about the top features and application of UPVC pipes. Let’s get started.
What is UPVC?
stands for Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride. Due to its strong resistance to chemicals, and elements of nature, UPVC makes an ideal choice for residential and commercial plumbing constructions.
Key Features of UPVC Pipes
Here are some of the main features of UPVC pipes that you should know:
Harder than PVC.While manufacturing UPVC pipes, additional plasticizing polymers are not used. This is the reason why UPVC pipes have more rigid consistency than PVC pipes.
Eco-friendly and chemical resistant. UPVC pipes
are manufactured using eco-friendly and virgin unplasticized polyvinyl chloride compounds. Thanks to UPVC’s chemical resistance, it has become integral to plumbing.
Lightweight and hassle-free.
These are light in weight, durable, and resilient. Plus, UPVC pipes also ensure low or no maintenance. As these are 1/5th the specific weight of steel pipes, it ensures lower transportation cost and easy installation.
These pipes are mineral resistant, corrosion-proof, and withstand the effects of hardware conditions. Therefore, these pipes do not corrode or scale. UPVC pipes offer high strength and UV resistance.
Easy to install, these drainage pipes also offer low installation and operational costs. Also, because they are tough and durable, they save the cost of replacement in the long run.
Applications of UPVC Pipes
Let’s take a look at the uses of UPVC pipes in our day to day lives –
- UPVC drainage pipes are used for drinking water supply lines and also as a covering for tube works.
- These are also widely used to manufacture raising mains in tube wells and UPVC downpipes.
- As UPVC pipes are non-metallic in nature and are resistance to all types of metallic corrosion, these make the best choice for discharge and sewer pipelines.
- Regardless of the nature of the transportation fluid, UPVC pipes behave neutrally. It is because these are made from odourless and tasteless materials.
- UPVC pipes are widely used in sewerage systems because these don’t allow any kind of deposits inside the pipeline.
- Being non-conductive to fire and combustion, UPVC material makes a good choice for electrical installation. Therefore, UPVC pipes mean extra safety.
- UPVC plumbing fittings and pipes are also used for the purpose of ventilation in bathrooms
UPVC plastic pipes
come along with a number of advantages. Plus, these are cost-effective, light-weight, and durable too. Therefore, you can choose these pipes for your residential and commercial plumbing, draining and ventilation systems.
In order to get the most out of UPVC pipes, make sure to choose a reputed and reliable manufacturer like Ori-Plast. We are not only a leading name in the world of UPVC pipes and fittings but also a customer-oriented UPVC fittings manufacturer that understands and fulfils your requirements.
Explore our range of UPVC pipes and fittings
or contact us for more information.