As a homeowner, you always have a lot of responsibilities, and it is not easy to take equal care of them every time. Take the example of shopping for PVC and UPVC pipes. Whenever we take up a home plumbing project, either a few pieces of pipes, fittings remain unutilised, or we need to make a quick visit to the hardware shops to buy a few missing pieces in the middle of the work. And all those times, we think the money we could have saved if we had measured the necessary pipes and fittings correctly. But with so many different plumbing options out there, it can be hard to figure out the type and sizes of PVC plumbing pipes and fittings to buy for your needs. The common mistakes we observe:
- Taking incorrect measurements.
- Indecision regarding choosing the suitable piping materials.
Importance of Right Measurement Before You Go for Pipe Shopping
Professional plumbers can listen to our requirements, provide ideas on the proper plumbing design, advise on choosing the right type of pipes and carry out the fitting to ensure that your home’s plumbing system is in good condition. However, it is our (the homeowners) personal responsibility to take the final decision after considering all the available alternatives. No one can do it for us.
First of all,getting the correct measurement before you go PVC pipe shopping is critical to your home plumbing project, irrespective of you do it yourself or hire a professional plumber. You don't want to get home and find out that the pipe is too short or long.
Second,the appropriate measurement of diameters and lengths of PVC and UPVC pipes and connectors help to plan the plumbing work better. You get the chance to iron out design flaws ahead of spending your money and prepare your plumbing budget correctly.
Third,the correct measurement of PVC and UPVC pipes and fittings helps negotiate better deals with PVC and UPVC suppliers. You can save a lot on transportation costs. The top PVC and UPVC pipes manufacturers sell plumbing solutions in all possible standard sizes and deliver non-standard sizes for customised orders. So, even if your project is smaller in scope, the right measurement of pipes and connectors can save future hassles.
Understanding the Right Measurement of PVC & UPVC Pipes
It might seem easy to measure the length of pipes required for any new home plumbing projects–just line up the measuring gauge and take the note! It is not. The correct size of pipes you need for any plumbing project depends on:
- Layout plan of the plumbing line
- Angles and bends along the line
- Flatness (are there any arches?) of the wall along which you will lay the pipes.
- Right combinations of pipes of different lengths.
- For example, standard uPVC pipes manufacturers, like Ori-Plast, offer blue and white UPVC pipes in lengths of 3, 5 and 6 meters. The best quality, cost-effective plumbing work depends on the correct combination of standard pieces.
- The proper measurement of plumbing lines also helps use the correct pipe connectors. The suitable connectors are essential to ensure an optimum water flow and maintenance-free longevity of the plumbing system.
Tips: Choosing Correct Piping Materials
Expert plumbers prefer UPVC pipes and connectors for residential water supply and sewage line plumbing projects. The benefits of UPVC pipes are:
- Unplasticised PVC or UPVC is less porous, reducing the maintenance requirements.
- Top uPVC pipes manufacturers, like Ori-Plast, use lead-free material for carrying water safe for human usage, even in the health and hospitality business.
- The minimal chance of sedimentation ensures zero reduction in the cross-sectional area in uPVC plumbing pipes.
- The solid and durable uPVC allows the construction of all-purpose pipes and connectors.
- Tasteless and odourless uPVC is suitable for carrying any type of fluid.
- Highly economic uPVC reduces the cost of ownership for projects of any size.
- All-weather UV-resistant uPVC product lineups are suitable for outdoor plumbing exposed to harsh sunlight.
Choosing the suitable pipes and connectors for your project may seem like a simple task at first, but it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all of the options and design complications. Do not worry! Follow our simple guidelines. Take extra care to measure your proposed plumbing lines rightly. It will save you time, money and future supply disruptions.